The first month you will notice the common symptoms of the beginning of a gestation but you still will not appreciate any physical alteration. We tell you what are the first steps to start taking care of you in your pregnancy.
The first month of pregnancy is the most important. You will notice your first symptoms and physical changes such as enlargement of your breasts or other changes such as a more sensitive sense of smell, thickened uterine wall, cervix softens and placenta and umbilical cord begin To form. First of all, the most important thing is to confirm your suspicions and once you know that you are in your first stage of gestation you should consider a series of tips to overcome the first month of pregnancy without problems.
Early symptoms of pregnancy
- Delayed menstruation is the first sign of pregnancy. However, there are many women with irregular rules and even periods of amenorrhea (spontaneous absence of menstruation), so that, in fact, is not one of the most reliable signs.
- The breasts are more painful: it increases in volume and they are more sensitive. Chances are you have to change your bra size soon.
You feel your stomach upset when you wake up.
- During the day you have nausea and even vomiting.
- You feel (more) tired than normal.
You have a different vaginal fluid.
- You may get some acne.
- You suffer from heartburn and do not support many foods.
- You do not tolerate certain odors.
- Your appetite varies: either you do not feel like eating or you can not control your hunger.
- You experience mood swings (positive or negative) depending on the hormonal action.
You are more irritable or you become hypersensitive.
Confirmation of pregnancy
At the pharmacy, you can get pregnancy tests that have up to 99% reliability, plus the biggest advantage is that you can get an immediate result. These tests allow you to perform the test about 10 or 12 days after conception, or a few days after the first fault (minimum three days) and thus confirm whether or not you are pregnant.
In addition, you should go to your gynecologist to perform an analysis because it is the only way to be 100% sure of pregnancy, although you will have to wait a few days to know the result.
The evolution of the baby during the first month of pregnancy
During the first month of pregnancy we can say that the baby begins to develop:
- The fertilized ovum or zygote is implanted in the uterine mucosa.
- In four weeks the baby already has heart and stomach: organogeny begins, that is, the main organs begin to form.
- You can not distinguish the members, they are like palettes.
- The nervous system begins to be created.
- The sensory organs begin to develop. Even without eyes or mouth, we are talking about the embryo.
- In this phase, the embryo floats in the amniotic cavity attached to the outside by the umbilical cord information. At the end of the first month of gestation, the baby measures two to five millimeters.
Maybe during the first month (according to the studies occurs to 20% of women), you suffer a miscarriage. It is identified by a lack of empathy towards pregnancy and a continued loss of blood (attention! Intermittent blood loss may be completely normal). In that case, consult your gynecologist.
Health and nutrition during the first month of pregnancy
It should be you who decide to choose the gynecologist who carries your pregnancy, you can choose between social security or a private clinic. On the other hand, begin months of intensive care, you should pay special attention to your body, to changes, to your diet and ultimately, take care of you more. Here we leave you with the first steps that are advised when you know the news of pregnancy:
- Violent sports such as skiing, martial arts or horse riding are not recommended to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Also, avoid long trips by car.
- If you have not already done so, stop smoking.
- Reduces consumption of coffee and tea.
- It is totally forbidden to drink alcohol, although you can afford a glass of wine or beer on special occasions.
- A varied and balanced diet will respond to the main needs for the formation of the embryo and for yourself.
- Avoid unpasteurized raw cheese as it may contain listeriosis. Throughout the first trimester, you will need vitamins and trace elements. Ask your gynecologist.
- You will find yourself more tired than usual so that you will have to reserve a few extra moments to complete the necessary rest.
- If you suffer migraines or nausea consult your doctor before resorting to the usual medicines such as aspirin, as they may be prohibited or not recommended during pregnancy.
- In the case of bleeding gums go to the dentist immediately.
Preparing the family for the arrival of the baby
If you have more children, it is recommended to tell them about the baby from the beginning because the children feel and realize everything. By instinct, you will notice that a great change is taking place. It is better to involve them than to keep them out because they will not understand why.
Even if you prefer to wait for the first ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy is going well, tell them that you want to have another child and then prepare them for the moment of the big news. It is very important to communicate fluently with children and with your partner.
The arrival of the baby is one of the most anticipated moments so we are sure that you must have everything or almost everything ready for when you are at home.